Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ultimate Cover Stick Foundation by Kiss New York

Ultimate Cover Stick Foundation by Kiss New York



Ultimate Cover Stick Foundation by Kiss New York ($7.99) is the perfect solution for makeup artists and the girl on the go. It’s great for traveling in your makeup kit because it's 0.5oz, in a stick form and you can depot it later and use it in a DIY foundation palette.  It is a medium to full-coverage foundation that allows you to build up from medium to heavy. It does easily blends into the skin because it is so creamy however I do recommend using a good moisturizer because it can be drying later on in the day. It is a cream to powder finish so make sure your face is moisturized before applying. You can apply it straight onto your face and then buff it out with a nice synthetic kabuki brush.
It doesn't contain any SPF's so I highly recommend that you use one underneath this foundation. With 6 shades, I believe that women of color have a narrow range of finding their perfect match however I believe that my readers can find something close to their skin tone. For your reference, I am NC40 in MAC foundations, and I found Beige (SC06N) to be a pretty good shade for me (I probably could have gone one shade lighter). The colors range from Dark Chocolate, Caramel, Golden Beige, Beige, Creamy Coco, and Maple Sugar.
What I have learned is that is covered my blemishes with ease, it didn't irritate my skin causing any breakouts and its water resistant. Once I set my finally makeup of the day I was good to go for the rest of the day. It had very little transfer when touching up my makeup. I didn't look dewy by the end of the day. However, my t-zone, particularly on my nose, it didn't absorb the foundation well when I tried to build up to a full coverage application. I normally don't do this step as I don't want to cover my freckles but I did have to take some of it off because it was just too thick on my nose area. (Plus I wear glasses and I didn't want any build up).

All in all I would love to have these foundations in my kit when working with my women of color clients.

One luv,
J
Post a Comment