Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I let someone TOUCH MY HAIR

Yes it is true! After 4 1/2 years of doing my hair at home and me being the only person to touch my hair it finally happened! I LET SOMEONE TOUCH MY HAIR!!!



Recently I attended a press event on behalf of blogger Monica of My Life Is A Journal. While attending the Mommy Blogger Press Event for #Blended the Movie, with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, there were 2 vendors there to pamper the moms. One was Flower Beauty, Drew Barrymore's cosmetic line that's sold at Walmart, and a local Beauty Salon braiding women's hair and putting curls in it. Now you know I'm a makeup girl and I was dead set on getting my makeup done but the both was always booked with women ahead of me so I missed out. I started to mingle and eat snacks but one of the ladies from the hair booth snagged me and got me to sit in her chair. Immediately (as a Natural 4A girl) I'm thinking oh please hair God's above hear my prayer, don't let this woman give me heat damage, cause any SSK (Single Strand Knots), or cause any breakage. She ended up doing a large flat twist on my stretched out curls and put it into a tucked away protective style. 

This was the 1st time in a LONG time that I let someone anywhere near my hair. Now that I had the hand in hair experience I am considering going to a Natural Salon here in Los Angeles. I actually miss the head massage, the deep conditioning treatments, and my favorite.. Beauty Salon Gossip, lol. Here are the local natural hair salons that I am considering:






I think I am leaning towards I Love LuLu but after reading the reviews on Yelp.com about the parking I am a little hesitant. 

XOXO,
J
Post a Comment