Friday, July 11, 2014

Natural Hair Care Routine for Spring 2014 (Did I retain length???)



What Natural Hair Care products did I use for Spring 2014 and did I retain any length????

Shampoo
Tropical Isle JBCO Shampoo

Treatments
Curl Junkie Repair Me (Before and After Flat Iron)
HairVeda ACV rinse (Once a Month)

Conditioner
She Scent It Avocado Conditioner
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (Strawberry Scent)
Oyin Honey Hemp (as protein)

Deep Conditioner
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks

Leave In Conditioner
Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Oyin Hair Dew

Creamy Leave Ins
Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding
Camille Rose Moisture Butter (Don’t know which version)

Butters
Tasti Kiss Ayurvedic Butter

Refreshers
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice (1/3 Juice, 2/3 Water)

Grease/Pomades

Anita Grant Creamy Café Latte


Gels
Uncle Funky Daughter's Curly Magic (Sparingly)
Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
Xtreme Professional Gel

Oil Mix
Camille Oil, Argan Oil, JBCO, Emu Oil, and Jojoba Oil

What changed?
I normally washed my hair once a week. This Spring I washed my hair when I felt it needed it, so once every 7-15 days.
I did wear a lot of wigs because I was attending a lot of Beauty Conventions and I love to be a little spicy with blue hair. (See my Instagram pictures @MakeupVixen)
When my hair wasn’t under a wig it was in a low ponytail or out in a flat twistout style.
The method I changed for caring for my hair was the incorporation of the LOC Method (Liquid, Oil, and Cream). I would use the oil mix I mentioned above then add a cream; the cream could be a leave in or creamy styler. The Liquid was water. Due to the porosity of my hair I decided to add the oil while still in the shower and a steamed room so that the cuticles were open and I could seal it with the oil. I would put a towel over my head and then dry my body off, and then I would apply my cream and start styling my hair.

Did I retain any length?
Yes, FINALLY! I have a VERY SLOW GROWTH RATE and I normally only retain 1 inch every 3 months. This Spring I was able to retain 2 inches in 4 months, YAY!!






What contributed to the length retention???


You’re gonna have to wait for that YouTube video to be posted, lol.




(Pictures are 2009 vs 2014, after 2 cuts I had in 2010 and 2011)
Post a Comment