Natural Hair Tag - August 2014



1. Why did you start your HAIR JOURNEY? – It was first to help my mother as she went through chemo but when I decided to grow my hair out after cutting it I wanted to grow it back naturally curly. I didn’t really relax before because it would break my hair off but I had tons of heat damage from straightening it all the time.

2. How long have you been on your HAIR JOURNEY? Since 9/9/10

3. Are you relaxed, transitioning or natural? I’m naturally curly but I straighten every 3-4 months.

4. What is your hair length now? Bra Strap Length

5. What Is your hair length goal? Mid Back Length

6. What is your hair texture? Fine Thin 4A hair with 4B at the crown

7. What do you prefer health or length? Health. I love the feel of my hair. I have hand in hair syndrome and just love touching it. It’s so soft and the cuticles are so smooth. I just love healthy hair.

8. If you could only live with one hair product what would it be? That’s hard. It would have to be a conditioner because I can use it to co-wash, condition, and leave in, so I would say Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. I purchase that stuff by the liter every chance I get.

9. What's the worst product you've ever used? It was a conditioner that I purchased from HairVeda. I broke out in hives and it dried my hair out. I had a really bad reaction to it. HairVeda was so nice about it and offered to cover my doctor bills but it was just a $20 co-pay so it was fine.

10. What is your "go to" hair style? Wash and Go, I can stretch it a week to two weeks.

11. Are you a "product junkie"? Recovering product junkie

12. How often do you trim your ends? Once a year. Since I have overcome single strand knots but buttering my ends I don’t have to trim as often.

13. How often do you use heat ? I use a heated DC cap I got off etsy. I use heat maybe 3-4 times a year to straighten my hair.

14. Do you take supplements? Sometimes but not regularly. I take Ayurvedic herbs from Banyan Botanicals

15. Your favorite oil? Amla Oil. Actually a mix of Amla, JBCO, Argan Oil and Jojoba oil makes my hair so supple.

16. Who is your hair crush? Whitney of Naptural85.

17. How long does it take you on wash day? 30 minutes plus an additional 30 mins if I want to style it

18. Worst thing that ever happen to your hair? Had to cut it twice due to playing around with too many products and testing out everything that I could get my hands on.

19. Do you dye your hair, and if so, what color? No but if I did it would be purple.

20. Who did you tag?!? :) CurlyGirlJess, AshkinCurls, EmpressRi, and CKBeauty
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW - Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Results: JBCO Hair Challenge with Hairlista

New Obessive Compulsive Cosmetics 2014 Liptars (from IMATS Los Angeles)